How to Attend Live Studio Tapings in LA
Guide to being an audience of a Live studio recording
· 2 min read
Los Angeles is one of the biggest entertainment hubs in the world, and no trip to LA is complete without some Hollywood experience. Attending live studio recordings is one of the best ways to be part of this showbiz experience, and toget a sneak peak of the happenings behind-the-scenes — and a plus point, tickets to these recordings are usually free!
Types of Live Studio Recordings
When it comes to live studio recordings in LA, there are several different types of shows that you can attend. Some of the most popular options include:
- Talk Shows: LA is home to many popular talk shows, including Jimmy Kimmel Live!, and The Late Late Show with James Corden. Attending a talk show taping is a great way to see your favorite celebrities up close and personal, and you may even have the chance to be part of the show.
- Game Shows: LA is also known for its many game shows, including Jeopardy!, Wheel of Fortune, and The Price is Right. Game show tapings can be especially exciting, as you never know who will win and what surprises might be in store. Depending on the show, it is sometimes possible to join the game show as a participant, while others may require some form of pre-screening.
- Sitcoms: If you're a fan of sitcoms, you would definitely want to attend one of these when in LA. The recordings for sitcoms tend to take a longer time, so be sure to cater enough time for that.
What to Expect at a Live Studio Recording
Attending a live studio recording can be a lot of fun, but it's important to know what to expect before you go. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Dress Code: Many studios have a dress code, so be sure to check the guidelines before you go. In general, you'll want to dress in comfortable, casual clothing that is appropriate for the weather. The studios tend to be kept colder, so you might want to bring a sweater.
- Arrival Time: Plan to arrive at the studio early. Studios tend to overbook, so you would want to arrive earlier to ensure your spot in the audience. Arriving early also gives you sufficient time to clear security and to secure a good seat.
- Audience Participation: Be enthusiastic. Depending on the show, you may have the opportunity to participate in the taping. This could include cheering, clapping, or even being called up on stage.
- No Cell Phones: Most studios prohibit the use of cell phones during tapings, so be sure to leave your phone at home or in your car.
- Ensure Sufficient Time: Studio recordings can be long, so be prepared to wait in line and sit in your seat for several hours.
How to Get Tickets
Now, the question that you have is probably how to get yourself into the recordings. Getting tickets to a live studio recording can be a bit tricky, as many shows have limited seating and high demand. You will have to plan in advance as tickets run out fairly quickly, but waitlists are sometimes available.
Here are some tips for securing tickets:
- Check the Show's Website: Most shows have information about ticket availability on their website. Be sure to check frequently, as tickets may become available at any time.
- Check the common ticketing agencies: There are several companies that specialize in providing tickets to live studio recordings. Some popular options include On-Camera Audiences and 1iota.
- Follow the Show on Social Media: Some shows will announce ticket giveaways or last-minute availability on their social media channels. Be sure to follow the show on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram to stay up-to-date.