How to Use an eSIM on Xiaomi Smartphones
And a list of Xiaomi smartphones that are eSIM compatible
· 2 min read
In a market dominated by heavyweights like iPhone and Samsung, Xiaomi has emerged as a refreshing and compelling alternative. While iPhone and Samsung have long held their positions, Xiaomi has quickly gained ground as the third-largest smartphone brand, rivaling their counterparts in terms of performance, design, functionality, and at a more affordable price point.
If you are a Xiaomi user who wants to explore the world of eSIMs, we have got you covered with the essentials of what you need to know.
eSIM-Compatible Xiaomi Phones
(Updated 22 August 2023)
eSIM support on Xiaomi smartphones is fairly new, with its first eSIM-supported smartphone being the Xiaomi 12T Pro which was launched in October 2022. Now, eSIM is supported on the following phone models:
- Xiaomi 12T Pro
- Xiaomi 13
- Xiaomi 13 Lite
- Xiaomi 13 Pro
Not on Xiaomi? Here is a list of devices that are compatible with Nomad's eSIMs.
Installing and Activating your eSIM on your Xiaomi Device
It is fairly simple to activate an eSIM on your smartphone:
- Go to Settings > Network & Internet
- Select Mobile Network / Cellular Data
- Select Add Carrier
- Scan the QR code that was provided to you by your eSIM network provider.
- Accept the terms that will appear once you are done.
Can all eSIMs be used on Xiaomi devices?
Generally, eSIM support for individual devices varies across cellular operators. So while you might own an eSIM-compatible Xiaomi phone, it does not necessarily mean that you will be able to use an eSIM. Hence, it is best to check with your network provider for the list of device models that they have eSIM support.
If you are planning to get a Nomad eSIM for your travel needs, you might be glad to know that Nomad's eSIM can be used on Xiaomi 12T Pro, Xiaomi 13, Xiaomi 13 Lite, and Xiaomi 13 Pro devices! Head over to Nomad's Shop Page to stay connected on your next trip!
How do I know if my carrier supports eSIMs on Xiaomi devices?
Generally, these are the carriers that are known to provide eSIM-support for Xiaomi devices. However, you should also take note that although there is some form of eSIM support for Xiaomi devices, the support might not include all device models. It is best to check with your carrier for their support for specific models.
- Albanian: Vodafone
- Austria: A1, Drei, Magenta
- Belarus: A1
- Belgium: Orange, Kill
- Bulgaria: A1, Viacom, Yettel
- Chile: Movistar, WOM
- Costa Rica: Liberty
- Croatia: A1, Hrvatski Telekom
- Czech Republic: O2, T-Mobile, Vodafone
- Denmark: TDC, Telia
- Estonia: Elisa, Tele2, Telia
- Finland: DNA, Elisa, Telia
- France: Bouygues Telecom, Free, Orange, SFR
- Germany: Cosmote, Vodafone
- Hungary: Magyar Telekom, Vodafone
- Ireland: Vodafone
- Italy: TIM, Vodafone, Wind Tre
- Japan: au, NTT Docomo, Rakuten Mobile, Softbank
- Lithuania: LMT, Telia
- Luxembourg: Orange
- Malaysia: Celcom, Digi, Maxis, U Mobile
- Montenegro: Crnogorski Telekom
- Netherlands: KPN, T-Mobile, Vodafone
- North Macedonia: A1, Makedonski Telekom
- Norway: Ice, Telenor, Telia
- Peru: Claro, Entel
- Poland: Orange, Plus, T-Mobile
- Portugal: MEO, Vodafone
- Romania: Orange, Vodafone
- Russia: Beeline, MegaFon, MTS, Tele2
- Saudi Arabia: Mobily, stc, Zain
- Serbia: A1, mts, Yettel
- Singapore: M1, SIMBA
- Slovakia: 4KA, O2, Orange, Slovak Telekom
- Slovenia: A1 Slovenija, Telekom Slovenije, Telemach
- South Africa: Vodacom
- Spain: Movistar, Orange, Vodafone, Yoigo
- Sweden: Tele2, Telenor, Telia
- Taiwan: APT, Chunghwa Telecom, Far EasTone, Taiwan Mobile, Taiwan Star
- Thailand: AIS, dtac, TrueMove H
- Turkiye: Turk Telekom, Turkcell, Vodafone
- Ukraine: Kyivstar, Lifecell
- United Kingdom: EE, O2, Vodafone